Oh hi, didn’t see you there.
I know, it’s been awhile since I wrote a personal post, besides the reflection posts from recent shows I watched. Things has been depressing for months so I decided not to write anything about it. But since things have happened quite dramatically recently, so I decided to write it up.
The Depressed Parts
Someone who I cut contact for half a decade suddenly came back to me, triggering my anxiety and some Vietnam flashbacks so I was pretty down the whole of August.
Blog is also in a slump in terms of posts and viewership so that adds on to my troubles.
My birthday was also ruined, in many different ways.
- The item I bought as a birthday present didn’t came. I think I got scammed real good.
Moral of the story: Don’t buy things from sketchy websites because they are cheap.
- My dad got sick, so the annual “feast” was cancelled. Nothing we can do about it.
Now we move on to mid-September and I guess things are turning around.
The Good Parts
August wasn’t all THAT bad. I did have some decent moments.
- Nick bought me a Razer Goliathus Speed D.Va Edition, 25 Overwatch loot boxes. Absolute beast.
- Another friend of mine drew me a Yame Yukana on a piece of A3 paper, still awaiting shipping from Deutschland.
- And another friend bought me a Ram (Re:Zero) figure for my birthday. Another potential scam though, but he said he’s gonna demand a refund from Amazon and buy it physically instead.
- I bought 2 Ongaku Shoujos CDs as replacement gifts for that scam.
- Hong Kong trip is a go, 29th October.
- A whole bunch of Japanese movies started showing in the cinemas, went to all of them.
- Also going on a cruise in December.
I did managed to turn things around, hopefully Q4 will be the best quarter of 2018.
The Anime Binge
I’m currently not picking up much completed shows at the moment. I’m more in the rewatching mode. Not really in the mood for watching anything new at the moment, the seasonal shows is just eating me up already, I ended up picking up way too many shows mid-season, will show you guys at the end of the season.
But if you guys have any romance/comedy anime to recommend, I will gladly watch those and also review them.
I’m going to rewatch Franxx after all the Blurays are out, because I think I didn’t give the show much justice when I first watch it.
I will be rewatching some other shoujo shows that gave me the romance feels, will be writing up on those too.
The Live-Action Craze
If you guys have been stalking me recently, I have been grinding a lot of live-action shows lately.
I really liked the shows I watched so far, I think I will concentrate more of my efforts more on those one-off live action movies.
So that’s pretty much it for this rather dark posting. My posts will be rather sporadic for the rest of the week, beside the fact that I have cleared my backlogs of post in a flash and also work and school choking my free time.
I will see you guys whenever I have time to write.